Serving Scottsdale, Phoenix, Gilbert, and Surrounding AZ Cities
We all want to have a youthful face and an attractive appearance. However, gravity, time, stress, and other elements take their toll on our facial aesthetics. The result can be wrinkles, jowls, sagging skin, or even a ‘turkey wattle’ neck. Facelift surgery (also known as Rhytidectomy) is a cosmetic procedure that improves visible signs of aging on the face and neck. This procedure is a great option for individuals who want to negate the effects of aging exposure to the sun – and look their very best.
Facelift surgery helps improve visible signs of aging on the face and neck, such as:
- Over-relaxation of the facial skin causing sagging
- Jowls that may be developing in the jaw or cheeks
- Deepening of fold lines between the corner of the mouth and the nose
- Loose skin and excess fat that may manifest as a double chin or a ‘turkey neck’
Facelift surgery is an increasingly popular option for restoring the youthful contours in the face. It delivers better results compared to conventional anti-aging treatments. Dr. Jude LaBarbera has helped countless men and women in Gilbert (AZ), Scottsdale, Phoenix, and surrounding Arizona areas.
Ideal candidates for a facelift
You may be an ideal candidate for a facelift with Dr. Jude LaBarbera if you have:
- Sagging or drooping in the middle of your face
- Wrinkles or deep creases below the lower eyelids
- A hollow or ‘sunken’ look due to loss of facial tissue
- Wrinkles or deep creases along the nose area, and extending to the corners of your mouth
- Overly loose skin and/or fat deposits under your chin or jaws
- Jowls in the lower area of your face
- A double chin
During your initial consultation, Dr. LaBarbera will conduct an assessment to establish whether you are an ideal candidate for this procedure. This consultation also serves as a great opportunity for you to pose any questions you may have before moving forward with the facelift procedure.
what to expect
Dr. LaBarbera performs a facelift under general anesthesia. Since this is a highly specialized procedure, a lot of precision is required. It will take your plastic surgeon several hours to complete the procedure. Additional procedures such as brow lift or fat transfers will increase the length of the surgery. Patients are advised to make prior arrangements and have someone drive them home or assist in the days following the surgery.
While facelift surgery will dramatically improve your facial aesthetics, it is important to note that it does not alter your fundamental looks and cannot stop the aging process. Improvements from facelift surgery usually last 5 to 10 years. Dr. LaBarbera performs the procedure in such a way as to produce natural-looking results.
dr. LaBarbera’s approach
The technique used for the facelift surgery will vary depending on the condition of the patient. Dr. LaBarbera works closely with each patient to give them the desired results. During the surgery general anesthesia will be administered by a professional anesthesiologist. Dr. LaBarbera will make incisions at the hairline or the most appropriate concealed location (depending on the patient). Excessive skin is then trimmed away, and incisions are closed.
Contact Form: FACELIFT
MORE FACE PROCEDURES
VIEW OUR BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS
Facelift surgery options
Dr. Jude LaBarbera offers various facelift surgery options to his patients.
1) Standard facelift – During this facelift procedure, the surgeon will make an incision that runs along the hairline, around the ear, and into the upper neck hair. The skin will then be lifted towards the center of the face and re-draped. This technique is a great option for individuals who are looking for dramatic aging benefit. It is most commonly used for women who are aged 45 years or older and require significant improvements in facial aesthetics.
2) Mini-lift – This option is also referred to as a short-scar facelift because it entails shorter incisions. Minilifts are used to improve the middle and lower face areas. Although many patients tend to prefer this approach, it does not correct severe issues and often yields short-term results.
3) Deep plane facelift – Patients who have severe drooping and skin folds as a result of sun exposure and aging may benefit greatly from a deep plane facelift. This approach requires a very high level of skill on the surgeon’s side, especially because there’s a high risk of damage to the facial nerves.
4) Skin-only facelift – A skin-only facelift will focus on the removal of excessive (loose) skin to result in a tightened look. The surgeon will reposition the remaining skin to get rid of sagging cheeks and/or jowls. Skin-only facelifts help improve the jawline profile. Since this technique focuses on the skin only (muscles, fat, and tissues are untouched) recovery is often very quick.
Dr. Jude LaBarbera will recommend the best type of facelift after examining the patient during the initial consultation.
A facelift procedure normally takes 3-4 hours to complete. After surgery, patients will be able to return to their normal routine within 5-14 days. There may be visible swelling and bruising after the procedure, but these normally subside within a week or two. Other side effects of facelift surgery (e.g. numbness) should fade away soon.
“I had a neck and face lift approximately 7 weeks ago. I was a little nervous and Dr. LaBarbera made me feel at ease right away.” – D.E.
” I love my results and it is exactly what I was hoping for. Dr. LaBarbera followed up on my progress several times after the procedure which was of great comfort to me and my family. – D.E.
Facelift surgery f.a.q
HOW NATURAL ARE THE RESULTS OF A FACELIFT?
Most patients tend to feel a pulling sensation immediately after facelift surgery. This normalizes as the skin and muscle tissues adjust to their new position. Dr. Jude LaBarbera is one of the experienced facelift surgeons in Scottsdale and Gilbert (AZ) and works to achieve smooth and natural results with each patient.
ARE THERE VISIBLE SCARS?
A standard facelift will involve a long cut from the temple all the way to the lower hairline. Nonetheless, the scars will be well concealed within the hairline itself, and natural creases of the skin. Lesser invasive techniques involve very minimal scarring.
WHAT'S THE BEST AGE TO HAVE A FACELIFT?
Most patients who receive a facelift are aged 50 to 70. However, the best age to have a facelift is when you notice that aging is taking a toll on your skin. Depending on personal habits, environmental conditions and other factors that affect the skin, some patients may find it reasonable to have a facelift at the age of 40.
CONTACT DR. LABARBERA FOR YOUR FACELIFT PROCEDURE